|The Sketch Magazine naturally
self-promoted The Studdy Dogs Portfolios, containing
full colour plates of Bonzo images that had previously
been published in the magazine itself.
Pascalls was a family-run business founded by James
Pascall to manufacturer and sell predominantly sugar
confectionery. James Pascall had worked as an
agent for Cadbury's before setting up business with
his brother Alfred in a small shop off London's Oxford
Street in 1866. Initially they produced sweets
such as herbal cough drops, candy and French
rock. In 1877, they moved to larger premises in
Blackfriars and expanded their range. In 1897
after a fire, the company moved out to Mitcham, in
|Samuel Brothers was established in London
in 1830 as a garment manufacturer and Livery
Company. The company had locations in Piccadilly,
Oxford Street and was in Ludgate Hill for 80 years
before moving to Clerkenwell Green. The company is
a traditional bespoke and military specialist tailor,
supplying many London institutions and organisations.
In 1923 Studdy's Bonzo was used to advertise their Omne Tempus "Rubberless Raincoats".
|Sphere Suspenders were one of the
products made by Faire Brothers & Co. Ltd., of
Rutland Street, Leicester. They were manufactures
of "Smallwares & Shoe Mercery" with outlets
worldwide. In 1923 the used an already published
pre-Bonzo Studdy dog ("Cherchez
La Femme.") to advertise their range of Sphere
|Mansion Polish was launched in 1912,
produced by the Chiswick Polish Company Ltd. (famous for
its Cherry Blossom Boot Polish). This great Bonzo
advert was drawn for them By Studdy in 1922.
|Another great advert featuring several
Bonzos for the City Accumulator Company in London.
experimental car was designed and built by Herbert
Austin in 1895 and the company went on to become one of
the largest manufactures of Birmingham. In 1901
the Wolseley Tool and Motor Car Co. was registered, with
Austin as general manager. He left in 1905 to
start his own company (Austin Motor Co.). The
company officially became the . in 1914. In 1927 was purchased by
William Morris, who renamed the company Wolseley Motors
(1927) Ltd and consolidated its production at the
sprawling Ward End Works in Birmingham. Finally in
1935 Wolseley became a subsidiary of Morris' own Morris
Motor Company and the Wolseley models soon became based
on Morris designs.|
This lovely advert with Bonzo driving his own Wolsey car appeared in 1924.